Donald Trump speaking with supporters at a campaign rally at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona. (Credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr)

New Poll Shows Trump’s Support Holding in Wake of Conviction

According to a recent poll, the support of former President Trump in the presidential election has remained consistent in the immediate aftermath of his felony convictions in his New York trial.

According to a survey conducted by Emerson College Polling and released on Thursday, the percentage of registered voters who support Trump nationwide has remained at 46 percent, which is consistent with the poll’s findings since April.

In that period, his advantage over President Biden has diminished, from three points to one point in the most recent poll, which is statistically tied.

Approximately 40% of respondents indicated that their decision to vote for a candidate in November was not influenced by Trump’s convictions.

A third of respondents reported that they were less inclined to support Trump, while 27% reported that they were more inclined to do so.

A historic verdict was rendered by the Manhattan jury in Trump’s hush-money trial last week, as they found him guilty of 34 felony counts of falsifying business records.

Trump became the first former president to be convicted of a crime as a result of the verdict.

Trump has maintained his assertion that he has not committed any misconduct and has indicated that he is likely to appeal the verdict.

The survey revealed a division in opinions regarding the verdict along ideological lines.

The majority of Democrats reported that the verdict decreases their likelihood of supporting Trump, while the majority of Republicans reported that it increases their likelihood of supporting him.

Independents were more divided, with 41 percent indicating that it has no effect on their vote, 38 percent indicating that it decreases their likelihood of voting for Trump, and 21 percent indicating that it increases their likelihood of voting for Trump.

58 percent of the critical voter bloc, which includes those who are undecided between Biden and Trump, stated that the verdict has no effect on their vote.

However, 36 percent of respondents indicated that they are less inclined to endorse him, while only 6 percent indicated that they are more inclined.

The survey was administered to 1,000 registered electors from June 4 to 5. The credibility interval, which is analogous to the margin of error, was three percentage points.

[READ MORE: Nancy Mace Seen Confronting Colleague Who Endorsed Her Opponent]

About Post Author